Sometimes a short quote perfectly encapsulates what you’re trying to say. Here we share the best outdoor play quotes, children’s nature quotes, playing outside quotes, forest school quotes, and generally any fantastic quotes about kids and nature.
At Peak District Kids, we’re all about getting kids out in nature in our beautiful National Park and I often share quotes about kids and nature on our Instagram profile. So do check out these lovely outdoor craft activities too (including nature weaving, sticky nature cards, and clay faces), or perhaps read these tips for hiking with young kids.
Head over to our sister site, TraveLynn Family, for family travel quotes.
Outdoor play quotes
1. “Encouraging a child to go outside in all weather builds resilience, but more importantly it saves them from spending their life merely tolerating the ‘bad’ days in favour of a handful of ‘good’ ones – a life of endless expectations and conditions where happiness hinges on sunshine.” – Nicolette Sowder
2. “Children still need a childhood with dirt, mud, puddles, trees, sticks and tadpoles” – Brook Hampton.
3. “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” – John Muir.
4. “Let Nature be your teacher.” – William Wordsworth.
5. “Encourage your child to have muddy, grassy or sandy feet by the end of each day, that’s the childhood they deserve.” – Penny Whitehouse.
6. “Children cannot bounce off the walls if we take away the walls” – Erin Kenny.
7. “In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt.” – Margaret Atwood.
8. “Nature is a tool to get children to experience not just the wider world, but themselves.” – Stephen Moss.
9. “To raise a nature-bonded child is to raise a rebel, a dreamer, an innovator… someone who will walk their own verdant, winding path.” – Nicolette Sowder.
10. “Restore balance. Most kids have technology, school and extracurricular activities covered. It’s time to add a pinch of adventure, a sprinkle of sunshine and a big handful of outdoor play.”- Penny Whitehouse.
11. “Not all classrooms have four walls””
12. “We must teach our children to smell the earth, to taste the rain, to touch the wind, to see things grow, to hear the sun rise and night fall – to care.” – John Cleal.
13. “Sad child? Nature. Cranky child? Nature. Bored child? Nature. You’re welcome.” – Penny Whitehouse.
14. “Nature is a tool to get children to experience not just the wider world, but themselves.” – Stephen Moss.
15. “When life gives you rain, jump in muddy puddles!” – Unknown.
I hope you enjoyed these outdoor play quotes and children’s nature quotes. Check out some family travel quotes here.